Last Updated: November 30, 2015
Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us via the Scholarship Universe website. For example, we collect information when you create an account, create or update your profile, participate in the interactive areas of our website, communicate with us via third party sites, request customer support, or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your name, email address, phone number, address, academic information, information about financial aid, information about your background and origin, your interests and activities, other personal information that may be relevant to one or more scholarship opportunities, and any other information you input into Scholarship Universe.
Information We Collect Automatically
When you access or use Scholarship Universe, we may automatically collect information about you and we may associate it with information that you provide directly to us. For example:
We may collect log files in connection with your use of the website, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address, the page you visited before navigating to our website, and your interactions with our site.
• Mobile Device Information:
We may collect information about the mobile device you use to access Scholarship Universe, including the hardware model, operating system and version, device identifiers, mobile network information and other information about your use of Scholarship Universe.
• Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies:
We and our service providers may use various technologies to collect information, including cookies and web beacons. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our website and your experience, see which areas and features of our website are popular and count visits. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used on our website or in our emails and help deliver cookies, count visits and understand usage and campaign effectiveness.
We Collect From Other Sources
We may also receive information about you from other sources and link or combine that with information we collect about you.
Use of Information
We may use information about you for various purposes, including the purposes set forth below.
• To match you with scholarship opportunities;
• To facilitate your application for a University-affiliated scholarship;
• To provide, maintain and improve Scholarship Universe;
• Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, customer support, and administrative messages and responses;
• Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities;
• Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of the University and others;
• Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service;
• For research or other purposes consistent with our mission; and
• Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
Sharing of Information Scholarship Universe does not share your information with third party or non-University affiliated scholarship selectors without your express permission. You acknowledge and agree that any documents you download and print using the DOCUMENTS feature of Scholarship Universe is at your own discretion. Scholarship Universe is not responsible for the documents or information you choose to provide third parties.
• With University-affiliated scholarship committees and/or selectors, who will review the documents you choose to submit for available University scholarship opportunities.
• With our affiliated entities for their use in connection with communications, fund-raising, and other related purposes;
• With third party vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
• In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, regulation or legal process;
• If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of the University or others; and
• With your consent or at your direction.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Third-Party Social Sharing Features
Scholarship Universe may offer third-party social sharing features and other integrated tools. Your use of such features may enable the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
Analytics and Advertising Services Provided by Others
Online Account Information
You may update or correct your online account information by logging into your account and updating your profile.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of Scholarship Universe.
Mobile Push Notifications/Alerts
With your consent, we may send push notifications or alerts to your mobile device. You can elect to stop receiving these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.